World Architecture Festival
Australia has been represented well at the World Architectural Festival in Singapore with winners in both the Health and Villa categories.
Bates Smart and Billard Leece Partnership placed first in the health category with their amazing Royal Childrens Hospital project. The Judges found that
‘’It successfully removed the stigma of hospitals. It blends with the environment and especially the park, at the same time representing an iconic architecture’
If you missed it earlier in the year check out the post from the Melbourne Open House event to see why this building is so good
The Shearers’ Quarters by John Wardle was judged the best villa over 100 other entries from across the globe. For beautiful images and a write up click here
Congratulations to all of the architects involved with these fantastic projects.
For more coverage of the World Architecture Festival check out Architecture AU here
Melbourne Architecture Annual 22 – 28 October
Melbourne Architecture Annual (MAA) is a weeklong architecture festival full of events for everyone to get involved with.
- Ask an Architect, Archicentre architects will be running free 20 minute consultations at federation square. (bookings are essential)
- Various talks by architects on a range of topics
- Lego for little architects also at Federation Square
- Architectural tours of Melbourne, both on foot and by bicycle
- Various exhibitions including the Victorian Architecture awards entrants and Newport 2050 by Deakin University Masters Students
For more information about all of these great activities visit
Architecture is for everyone